[lbo-talk] Nate Silver: leave Timmy aloooooone!!

Shane Taylor shane.taylor at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 15:53:21 PST 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Is it banal to point out to the oh-so-clever Mr Silver
> that many of these "experts" are the people that got
> us into trouble in the first place?

These noble people stand on a plane above benighted mortals. Below them, we fight over who takes what losses. Above us, they see beyond our parochial myopia, clear on to the Country's Best Interest. We often mistake our mortal impairments, such as the reflex to defend our own interests, as cause for civic action. But in so doing, we impede their noble work toward the County's Best Interest.

Nate's noble mind is offended by such disdain for our nobility.

Shane