[lbo-talk] a fresh rant on the bailout

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 12 10:56:20 PST 2009

>> There is a very large cadre of civil servants whose expertise is in
>> running banks honestly and prudently.
>
> I don't think we're talking about the Bailey Building and Loan here ...
>
> If civil servant "bank examiners" are so good at their jobs, how did
> we get here in the first place? ;-)
>
> /jordan

This is a rather snide jab at civil servants don't you think? I wasn't aware incompetent bank examiners led to our current crisis. The problems were with the lax regulations themselves and deliberately inadequate oversight of those regulations. That is what the previous administration wanted in almost every administrative agency and that is exactly what they got.

John Thornton