[lbo-talk] CBO on HR 1

Yann Morvan ymorvan at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Feb 13 06:12:23 PST 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:45:44 -0000, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [WS:] Very true. However, institutional presence of left wing parties
> does not seem to help much during the times of crisis. EU countries and
> Israel are a case in point. They tend to support center-right parties
> more than left-wing parties during crises (albeit what is center-right
> in EU would be center-left in the US.)

Putting aside the generic use of the term "crisis" to lump together the cases of Israel and EU contries, could you illustrate your point with an actual crisis since WWII in western europe?

My impression was that the bulk of the population in those countries had been doing fairly fine. No need to bring people's views on the kibbutz into it.

In the meanwhile Labour is now ahead of Fianna Fail in polls for the first time ever, and the Nouveau Parti Anticapitaliste has wind in its sails.

Yann