[lbo-talk] Has Fed Govt. rebuilt churches?

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 13 09:42:20 PST 2009

Can anyone here tell me if the Federal Govt. has provided funds to rebuild churches that were burned down? I know there was some discussion that rebuilding churches destroyed by Katrina might be allowable if they served as an areas only community center but I'm unsure whether this was ever done. What I was curious about was whether, because of the several years long increase in black churches being deliberately burned, has the federal Govt. paid to have any of them rebuilt? I don't seem to be able to find a definitive answer but admittedly I haven't exhausted myself looking.

John Thornton