[lbo-talk] Notes Towards a Critiq8ue of Progress (1)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 19:13:27 PST 2009

Well, in Mage's formulation,"alien to" appeared to mean "totally other, and therefore unable to interact with," which in Christian theology is not the case. Little Dwayne was, after all, supposedly created in the image of God. This idea makes no sense whatsoever if you think there is an unbridgeable ontological gulf between Little Dwayne and God. Presumably somewhere in God's mind there an idea of Dwayne, after all.

Maybe this is a jargon thing, since many Christians have meant by "nature" "the fallen world," whereas by "nature" I mean "all the things that exist."