[lbo-talk] Reflections on suburbia

Alessandro Coricelli acoricelli at mac.com
Sun Feb 15 21:46:18 PST 2009

I found Rebeca Solnit's "Storming the Gates of Paradise: Landscapes for Politics" (the chapters on Silicon Valley) capital in her description of those "places of no places." I would also suggest T.C. Boyle's "The Tortilla Courtain." That's a novel, but quite insightful on some cultural aspects of suburbia.