[lbo-talk] Clockwork Orange, was Re: Vicki's Panzer Craze

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 10:45:35 PST 2009

Sure. I mentioned theology in a discussion of philosophical conceptions of the nature of God, in which it was twinned with Plato's. I think in such a context (next to Plato) what is intended is the concept as understood by philosophers/intellectual articulators of the religion, not the lay practitioner. This is an extreme example since Catholicism is highly hierarchal and articulated to the point of being arcane, but "Catholic doctrine" is the stuff in the Catechism, not what Bob My Catholic Neighbor Catholic thinks.