[lbo-talk] David Harvey v. Brad DeLong

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 19 20:44:19 PST 2009

Mike Beggs wrote:

> The extent to which they are talking at right angles to one another is
> highlighted by the fact that they clearly have different definitions of
> 'neoclassical economics'.

Of course they are talking at right angles: they are not talking to each other but to the readers of the site. Why should they talk to each other.

DeLong was once on this list. His comments on Paul Sweezy when Sweezy died simply put DeLong in the class of thugs as far as I'm concerned.

And Harvey wouldn't be Harvey if he regarded neoclassic economics as a legitimate scholarly enterprise.

Carrol