[lbo-talk] Russia tanking

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:17:15 PST 2009

Michael Pollak wrote:

> But watching this transformation, I can't help thinking that Obama
> couldn't have managed this process better if he'd planned to get
> people to force him to do it.

When Graham came out for nationalization, the first thing I thought was: People around Obama put him up to this. We'll see. I still don't buy the idea that this was the plan all along. If they had been hoping to find political space for nationalization, Summers and Geithner wouldn't have gone on record saying "governments make terrible bank managers." Those are quotes that can and will be used against Obama if nationalization happens. But you may well be right.

SA