[lbo-talk] Fitch and Brenner

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 11:00:59 PST 2009

Jordan wrote:

(I sure hope they check the archives here first to check out your attitude toward teaching their children to speak French!)

I have no attitude. I am fluent in three languages: Romanian, French, and English. I figure no one wants to learn Romanian. I figure anyone who is interested in having bilingual kids in California wants them to speak Spanish or possibly Mandarin. Those who would opt for French would either be French or Americans who think that French bestows some special distinction: intellectuals or snobs. In a small town, I might not be able to find six such; in an area inhabited by a few million, chances are good. That's all I was saying.

Joanna