[lbo-talk] David Harvey v. Brad DeLong‏

Leonardo Kosloff holmoff10 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:50:37 PST 2009

I’m not here to defend Hegel and I don’t see why defending his critique of formal logic would all of a sudden make me a full-blown Hegelian. What seemed “odd” to me is that someone would defend Keynes’ against Marx by referring to Hegel, of all people. So Keynes’ mentioned Hegel once, that’s nice, but his acknowledgement doesn’t show at all that he had appropriated the method or the critique and, as far as scientific philosophy is concerned, that’s the most important thing about him. Bertrand Russell, for example, said he was a Hegelian for his first two years at Cambridge but you read his opinion on Hegel in his ‘History of Philosophy’ and it’s just clutter, admittedly, Hegel’s prose never did help. Since I’m not a Hegelian I am not obliged to answer your question,…I guess formality ain’t so bad after all. _________________________________________________________________ It’s the same Hotmail®. If by “same” you mean up to 70% faster. http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_AE_Same_022009