[lbo-talk] Fitch and Brenner

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 23 08:42:14 PST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 5:05 AM, SA wrote:

> Shane Mage wrote:
>
>> But that's all in the non-productive sector, nop?
>
> No, I find janitors to be quite productive typicall

By the way, there's more than one definition of productive. There's the classical/colloquial one, the manufacture of tangible materials, the sort you can drop on your foot. And there's the one that Marx offered - anything that makes a profit for a capitalist. A public school teacher is unproductive, while a language teacher at Berlitz is productive. Nop?

Doug