[lbo-talk] English on SEIU

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 24 08:14:21 PST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:24 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

>> And one reason for this is that our labor movement is so braindead
>> and
>> anti-intellectual.
>

> Would you care to elaborate on that, ot should the pronouncement
> suffice?

Gosh. You're right. I've forgotten all those vigorous newspapers, journals, websites, and TV shows the labor movement sponsors. And all the internal education of the members. And the way that the union leadership shows such a visionary understanding of the political and economic conjuncture. I must be getting old.

Doug