[lbo-talk] Fear of nationalization sets in

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:06:36 PST 2009

Eric Beck wrote:

> On 2/22/09, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> How do we get from the society we have to the
>
>> one you want? Who will keep the electricity running? Will we have
>> electricity? Do centralized generating plants just embody the crap
>> hierarchies of capitalist society, so we should just replace them with
>> rooftop solar panels made by small cooperative enterprises?
>>

> Won't somebody please think of the children?

Man, could there be a purer stereotype of the elitism and social indifference of the allegedly "radical" intellectual?

Yeah, who gives a fuck if people have electricity or food, I'm for the revo so that they'll listen to me expound on Deleuze and spout denunciations of the insufficiently radical. It's a lucky thing this kind of politics has zero popular appeal, otherwise somebody would have to man the posts to warn the workers away for the sake of their own welfare.

SA