[lbo-talk] English on SEIU

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 05:51:52 PST 2009

> mmm. i've been a dishwasher before. i can't fathom why dishwashing is
> preferred to union organizing -- even under current conditions!

Really? My radical/elite/intellectual ass has spent plenty of time washing dishes, and I would definitely prefer it. Set hours, can be fairly slow-paced, plenty of time for smoke (in the double sense) breaks, plus it doesn't completely colonize your brain, leaving you to obsess about things like why Seth thinks Brenner and Fitch and Chomsky have worthwhile things to say about capitalism but Deleuze doesn't.