[lbo-talk] Reps in crisis!

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:21:48 PST 2009

Doug posted:

Wow. We thought Bobby Jindal sucked last night, but we're biased. But David Brooks agrees - nihilistic and insane!

<http://gawker.com/5160135/even-republicans-didnt-know-why-jindal-was-talking-like-that>

Pareene, on target again.

I think it was Paul Virilio who recently said that rather than capitalism nearing its end, it is more the case that the end is nearing capitalism.

That may or may not be true (Virilio was talking about capitalism meeting its match in the atmospheric crisis) but that, in an altered form, is what immediately came to mind as I watched Jindal perform poorly last night.

More and 'better' neoliberalism is his party's only response to a global crisis produced -- to a large extent -- by loosely fettered neoliberal policies.

Jindal and friends are like a bizarre fire brigade who demand petrol be applied to a blaze.  As the flames inevitably grow higher, they insist the problem is with us, who, with our 'nanny state' fixation, prevented these heroes from using the right octane.

.d.