[lbo-talk] Reps in crisis!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 25 09:22:39 PST 2009

On Feb 25, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Max Sawicky wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but I thought his initial anecdote about the
> "bureaucrat" was transparently aimed at stupid people.

But he seemed stupid himself. Not just in the usual Republican way, but in a sing-songy juvenile way. Liza thought he sounded Palinesque in the hick inflections. If this is their rising star, they're in even worse shape than I thought.

I listened in on Stan Greenberg's instant polling report about a half hour after O's speech ended. By his numbers, it was a major hit, with O's approval ratings rising 15-20 points, after vs. before, in various categories. I have to admit the guy is very good at what he does. Jindal looked like a joke coming after a master like BHO.

Doug