[lbo-talk] Vietnam (as dev state)

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Feb 25 14:04:21 PST 2009

On Tue, February 24, 2009 4:34 pm, John Gulick wrote:

> Hmmm... if you're going to be so ecumenical in your definition, why not
> include national and transnational capital?

It's not about capital, it's about the potential power of the transnational proletariat. Sony is a giant transnational corporation, interested only in its own enrichment, but the culture-workers at Sony's Santa Monica, CA studio created the God of War franchise, one of the most subtle, thoughtful and progressive reworkings of Greek mythology ever done. What we call the Total System (world-market, world-system, etc.) is brimming with such systemic contradictions -- contradictions which we progressives, or anyone interested in a humane future, should be mindful of and push still further.

-- DRR