[lbo-talk] Human Smoke

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:40:39 PST 2009

I think you had it just right, Dennis. And if you want to keep your disgust fresh after Baker's excellent, horrifying book, see (you probably already have) Tim Weiner's Legacy of Ashes, which picks up the story (at least an aspect of it) after WWII. Neither as well presented nor as insightful as Baker's, it nevertheless tells a story at least as horrifying, and brings it up to The One.

--CGE