[lbo-talk] An Antinomy (from Postone)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 25 19:04:23 PST 2009

Moishe Postone, _Time, Labor, and Social Domination: A Reinterpretation of Marx's Critical Theory_ Cambridge University Press, 1993, repr., 195.

See also, the Symposium on his work in _Historical Materialism_ 12-3, pp. 43-283. (There is a strongly negative critique by David McNally; the bone that sticks in the craw of the negative critics is his denial of any transhistorical basis for the condemnation of capitalism.)

Carrol