[lbo-talk] It's free! Like the clap!

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 08:27:43 PST 2009

On 2/26/09, Andy <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Weren't the associations of pink and blue reversed a couple hundred
> years ago? Pink being kind of in-your-face, blue cool and withdrawing
> (so went the "reasoning")?

Less than a century, I think. Early 20th.

One of the more amusing ev psych studies done recently (perhaps not; the whole field is pretty hilarious) asked some people what colors they liked, found that Western but not Asian women preferred pink to blue, and concluded that women must be attracted to the red side of the spectrum because it would aid them in finding berries back in the EEA.