[lbo-talk] Modern medical "coverage"

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 06:30:46 PST 2009

Correction:

The percentage figures I sent in my previous missive are for ambulatory health services (NAICS 621) only. I read a wrong column from my Excel spreadsheet.

For the entire health sector these percentages are as follow:

1998 2005 Medicare 25% 25% Medicaid 13% 13% Other gov 4% 4% pvt. insur. 34% 35% patient 12% 11%

Basically, the same picture as far as the balance between patient and insurance payments is concerned, but the government share of health care revenue is higher (about 42%).

Wojtek