[lbo-talk] An Antinomy (from Postone)

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Fri Feb 27 07:28:23 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Eric Beck wrote:

> On 2/26/09, Charles Turner <vze26m98 at optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> Your whole comment was provocative, but I wanted to zoom in on this
>> bit: can you amplify on your judgement of D&G as elitist? How so?
>
> Charles, not uncharacteristically, I was being a smartass and
> referencing something that SA wrote about me a few days ago.
> <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20090223/002885.html
> >.

Ah! I see. I still haven't gotten used to all the idiosyncratic ways of quoting a poster on this list, and frequently can' t tell who's speaking. SA's comment is an interesting one:

"I'm for the revo so that they'll listen to me expound on Deleuze and spout denunciations of the insufficiently radical. It's a lucky thing this kind of politics has zero popular appeal"

because D&G are HUGE (at least) with the "political" fractions of contemporary visual arts and music. Far from "zero appeal."

Best, Charles