[lbo-talk] It's free! Like the clap!

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 07:26:02 PST 2009

shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

>> And I wonder if shag herself could be certain whether or not "Dick
>> Nixon" was lurking in the background of her coinage of limpdick.
>
> heh. hadn't thought of that -- not consciously. I never think of him as
> Dick. I wasn't politically aware enough to have heard much reference to him
> at the time. He's always Richard Nixon to me, and it's a little jolting to
> be reminded that people think of him as tricky dick.

I cannot think of him without wanting to hum the Country Joe song: http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/country_joe_mcdonald_lyrics_21388/other_lyrics_52038/tricky_dicky_lyrics_543914.html http://mp3shake.com/en/Country_Joe_The_Fish/38572-Tricky_Dicky_mp3_download.html

-- Sandy Harris, Quanzhou, Fujian, China