[lbo-talk] Differences Between Women & Men

Campaign for Peace and Democracy cpd at igc.org
Fri Jan 2 09:35:58 PST 2009

At 11:55 AM 1/2/2009 -0500, you wrote:
>Happy New Year LBOsters!
>
>Over in an other group there is a debate about why so
>few women have joined and participate, as well as the
>question of whether women communicate differently than
>men, and might prefer face-to-face interactions over
>internet communication. Also, the few women there have
>raised the issue of the acknowledgement of what they say,
>while such issues do not seem to register with the men.

I bet that in fact the men who actively participate in most groups, including LBO, are, for the most part, men whose comments have been acknowledged. In other words, I bet acknowledgement "registers" with both men and women, but women are generally ignored. One shouldn't just write off women as being supersensitive because we notice this.---Joanne Landy