[lbo-talk] Credit crunch a myth?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 2 12:27:45 PST 2009

You are both either idiots or have made no attempt to follow me. The Enemy is of course (at least) two-tiered. (b) the ultimate enemy is an abstract system of ordering human activity (capitalism); (a) the immediate enemy is whoever deflects leftists or almost-leftists from the task of creating an independent left in the u.s., which depends to a great extent on the vigor and clarity with which local leftists engage in that task. It is quite clear that that latter enemy consists essentially of left-wing Democrats. They are not monsters and you are being an asshole for introducting that diversion; they are all _very_ good people; most of my close friends belong to that category. But they do constitute, as a political force, a barrier to the future.

Carrol