[lbo-talk] Lynndie England

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Jan 4 19:10:08 PST 2009

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 17:33:22 -0800 "Dorene Cornwell" <dorenefc at gmail.com> wrote:

> and here at LBO we can go back to figuring out how to organize mass
> movements with people like her (sardonic squint!)

Poor Lynndie England is hardly typical of the American public. If she were, she wouldn't have enlisted.

But then one must also recognize that few people, Americans or not, educated or not, hold out very long or forcefully against the attitudes that prevail in their daily surroundings. Put somebody, anybody, in a position where the path of least resistance is to be a brute, and the odds are very good that a brute he or she will be. Examples abound; this is no longer news.

Gloating about the depraved-and-deprived Lynndie England is a particularly loathesome form of liberal self-congratulation.

> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Squirrel is pretty good by the way

As is possum.

--