[lbo-talk] Franken wins Minnesota

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:44:11 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Bill Quimby <wquimby at embarqmail.com> wrote:

> Expand? I missed something - why is Franken an asshole?

For my part, Franken is an 'asshole' (or 'arsehole', as we say in English) on the grounds that he worships the DLC, supported the war on Iraq until it was too late and then still supported the occupation* (bad), supports the aggression in Afghanistan (very bad), does military shows** (entertaining hired killers is naughty), adores Israel*** (supporting apartheid is early bed-time material at least), and takes up precious UK bookshelf space (unpardonable). Most importantly, this alleged humourist is - sorry if this is news to anyone - horribly unfunny. Apart from everything else he lacks, he is not serious enough to be funny. He is too much of an appeaser and a court jester. The only way in which this creep could possibly be funny would be if he decided to spread his ideas by blowing his brains out.

Admittedly, Dennis was being unreasonably generous, since Franken is more of a scumbag than an asshole - but the latter is not ruled out by the former.

* http://www.counterpunch.org/walsh05042005.html ** http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january252007/tim_012507b.php *** http://www.forbes.com/2006/09/07/al-franken-911_cz_sd_0908franken.html