[lbo-talk] Zizek/Levy transcript

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 15:52:11 PST 2009

--- On Tue, 1/6/09, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The transcript from last fall's Zizek/Levy debate that
> Dwayne Monroe called a conceptual ass-kicking carried out by
> Zizek is here:
>
> ttp://www.nypl.org/research/calendar/imagesprog/levy091608.pdf

I read the entire transcript, and I don't see the ass-kicking that Dwayne indicated. I wonder if I might not have had a different opinion, had I been present at the debate. I know what an affable character Zizek can be. Most of what was said was old-hat, a reiteration of old ideas. If anything, I thought BHL had Zizek on the ropes (slightly) towards the end of the debate (if it can be called a debate).

Zizek's English is better than BHL's. Enfin de compte, no ass kicking.

-Thomas