[lbo-talk] Roubini

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:51:56 PST 2009

By the way, on Roubini - he may well be thinking along these lines: After years of being derided as a permabear, I've now sealed my historic reputation as the prophet who foresaw The Great Recession while everyone else was oblivious. But now if my forecast for the depth of the recession proves too pessimistic, my reputation will forever be that of a stopped clock who happened to get it right once. If my forecast ends up being too optimistic, however, no one will notice or care.

He's facing pretty asymmetrical incentives.

SA