[lbo-talk] Guardian: Obama prepared to talk to Hamas

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 13:49:56 PST 2009

SA wrote:

> The fact that this was leaked to the Guardian - and within hours
> of the news of Ross's selection - tells me it's a bone being thrown
> to the Euros.

Assuming it is true, why would Obama want to raise the expectations of the Europeans?

Doug wrote:

> She said that Obama's ME team consists mainly of neocons
> who, and this is pretty much a direct quote, will make us look
> back fondly on the Bush years.

We're of course wildly speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised if a *lasting* political solution is arranged in the Middle East. Please mark my words so that, later on, you can all reproach me how foolish, how swindled of good sense I was by Obama's sweet talk and no (or the wrong) substance.