[lbo-talk] Guardian: Obama prepared to talk to Hamas

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 16:04:13 PST 2009

"Until I take office, it would be ­imprudent of me to start sending out ­signals that somehow we are running ­foreign policy when I am not legally authorized to do so."

It seems not sending the "wrong signal" takes precedence over saving lives and stopping war crimes (not that Obama is likely to do anything other than aid and abet Israel's crimes once in office), thus is the postmodern lesson for politicians--Take no responsibility, State no facts.