[lbo-talk] Guardian: Obama prepared to talk to Hamas

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Jan 9 18:48:07 PST 2009

On Fri, January 9, 2009 3:56 pm, Carrol Cox wrote:

> This is unfair to Obama. He has not swindled anyone. He has been quite
> clear on his rightist politics for years but large numbers of people have
> refused to believe him, thereby swindling themselves. But Obama is quite
> innocent of this .

Very true, we should have no illusions that Obama is another Chavez or Medvedev. But genuine disillusionment with the status quo and dissatisfaction with their shambles of a former Empire is spreading among the American public, on a scale never seen since the 1930s. There's an opening for progressive social movements which didn't exist a year ago.

-- DRR