[lbo-talk] Guardian: Obama prepared to talk to Hamas

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jan 10 06:48:53 PST 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Carrol thinks
> he has a political philosophy, but I'm not so sure.

Well, put that way, it's going a bit strong. But a pretty strong 'feeling' that things as they are are pretty good and no one should rock the boat too much. And some of those ruffians in Palestine, Afghanistan, & Pakistan are boat rockers! "Let's-All-be-Responsible-and-Get-Along" does have teeth. He is a Harvard man -- and I doubt FDR lost any sleep over those railroads not bombed in Germany. Carrol