[lbo-talk] WINEP

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Jan 11 12:57:20 PST 2009

On Sun, January 11, 2009 12:34 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So this would be *worse* than Bush, since, as Sara Roy pointed out on
> my radio show the other day, they've been secretly talking with Hamas for
> some time.

Israeli settler colonialism has two key vulnerabilities, but neither is located in the US: (1) huge trade exposure to the EU, and (2) ever-increasing Palestinian resistance. Israel's ghastly war is the horrible endgame of the neocon era -- a miniature Gazacide to match the ongoing Iraqicide -- but it's the endgame. We progressive Americans really need to start thinking in terms of a world where the US isn't even close to a superpower anymore.

-- DRR