[lbo-talk] Fuck Hope

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Wed Jan 14 08:28:50 PST 2009

"The comic and the beauty queen are dancing on the stageRaw recruits are lining up like coffins in a cageWe're fighting in a war we lost before the war beganWe're the white boots marching in a yellow land" Phil Ochs

I remember talking to a history teacher who had an office near mine. She was an "expert" in military history and was teaching a course on the Vietnam War. I asked her if she had heard of Phil Ochs and his famous song. She had not. Then I asd her if she had read General Giap's treatise on guerilla war. She had not. She really didn't know shit. But I am sure she knew about that pig Bob Hope (who by the way was once a boxer named Packy East.)

Michael Yates