[lbo-talk] How Politics Ruined My Life: Was Fuck Hope

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 10:38:58 PST 2009

----- Original Message ---- From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:16:41 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] How Politics Ruined My Life: Was Fuck Hope

Really? Who? The guy that wrote the Western novels?

[WS:] Karl May? Hitler did admire him, but I do not think he was a pacifist. Sort of a German Rudyard Kipling, methinks. I read his novels when I was a kid, they were quite popular, but they did not leave any lasting impression on me - it was just romanticized fantasies. I liked Jules Verne more, which was a sci-fi fantasies, but then I was an incorrigible geek.

Wojtek