[lbo-talk] Writers and their Politics: L'Amour - Plutarch (was how politics)

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 10:59:12 PST 2009

Dennis makes my point: Finding out changes things... in my case it just made me more jaded.

Just incidentally, my dad worked on construction an read Louis L'Amour, Zane Gray and George Gilman westerns; those were, actually, the first books I read in English - between the ages of 9 - 14, i think. I would later teach myself English.

Of course, at the time all my heroes were cowboys (wink).

Believe it or not/ironically, L'Amour first "introduced" me to Plutarch. I don't remember which one, but of the main characters in a L'Amour book "read Plutarch...

Aluta Continua!

________________________________ From: Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org; lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, 15 January, 2009 13:43:35 Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] How Politics Ruined My Life: Was Fuck Hope

At 12:41 AM 1/15/2009, Chris Doss wrote:

> If nobody had told you Wagner's politics, could you tell?

You're being difficult again. You can't tell Miles Davis was a wife-beater by listening to Kind of Blue. But finding that out changes things..