[lbo-talk] Gaza and anti Semitism

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:01:22 PST 2009

Then I guess I am arguing against you, because its more than that. It has been that, but now it is more than that.

JG writes:

James, I don't find your argument wholly implausible, but what is your proof that anti-Israeli/anti-Zionist sentiment has shaded away from anti-imperialism and is shading toward anti-semitism? When was the decisive tipping point crossed and what is evidence of it? Sometimes I feel that inchoate right-wing populisms of every stripe are on the rise around the world, but then I check myself and think that I've come to such a pessimistic conclusion because I spend too much trawling the interent and sampling message boards and comments sections. That's no royal road to science, for sure.

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_012009