[lbo-talk] How Politics Ruined My Life: Was Fuck Hope

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 20:26:26 PST 2009

Sure you can read Wagner's politics off the surface of the Ring cycle. Not so in hearing much the music, you have to see it performed, but this was Gesamtkunst, meant to be seen as well as heard. It's especially notable in Siegfried and in the non-Ring work Parsifal (a truely readful work). There's argument about whether it's obvious in the Meistersinger.