[lbo-talk] Huffington Post: "take on" Social Security

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:45:07 PST 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Ha. That's funny. Does he really believe this shit?

Just possibly. He may be that odd duck in the present, an actual conservative in the sense of someone who believes 'cifilization' is a necessary defense of 'order,' and that that order 'in the long run' resolves all particular conflicts. Hence it is in the 'real' interest of labor that business not be angered.

Pure speculation. We really can't read a given person's mind. But we can see that his actions are shit.

Carrol