[lbo-talk] How Politics Ruined My Life: Was Fuck Hope

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 15:59:48 PST 2009

At 03:33 PM 1/16/2009, Charles Brown wrote:

>a little self-examination does not mean at all that one would have
>to take the ridiculous overreaction of closing off
>,
>" all of human artistic production created before around 1800.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/false-dilemma.html

Senator Jill: "We'll have to cut education funding this year." Senator Bill: "Why?" Senator Jill: "Well, either we cut the social programs or we live with a huge deficit and we can't live with the deficit."

Bill: "Jill and I both support having prayer in public schools." Jill: "Hey, I never said that!" Bill: "You're not an atheist are you Jill?"

"Look, you are going to have to make up your mind. Either you decide that you can afford this stereo, or you decide you are going to do without music for a while."