[lbo-talk] Ways to close Gaza's tunnels -- and why they all won'tquite work

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 19 08:55:32 PST 2009

Michael Pollak wrote:

>> It's kind of amazing, really. It seems like yet another testament to
> Dwayne's postulate that in the long term there is no technological fix
> that can stop determined low-tech human inventiveness.

But yet only a minority of guerrilla struggles are crushed. If one kills enough of the humans their inventiveness ceases to be relevant. It seems to me that the tunnels are only an excuse for aterrorist campaign against the people of Palestine. Kill enough of them so that the rest flee. That was the purpose of Deir Yassin (sp?) 60 years ago, and Israel has never deviated from that strategy. As Ellen Cantarow's prose poem suggests, the strategy is meant to confirm the claim that Palestine is empty.

Carrol