[lbo-talk] Frank: BHO should welcome their hatred

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:04:03 PST 2009

A few thoughts:

--Meritocracy and pragmatic willingness frankly to talk of what works is, FWIW, a big improvement over shameless cronyism and mindless ideological litmus tests.

--The paean to markets in the inaugural speech came alongside comments about how there is a place for governments or regulations and neither government nor markets can function without each other. The person dissecting the speech on NPR interpreted this as an effotr to hew to the center. In other words now-President Obama remains a screen upon which everyone projects their own biases.

DC