[lbo-talk] How Politics Ruined My Life: Was Fuck Hope

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 22:36:11 PST 2009

And E.P. Thompson's scathing take off on this piece, "Outside the Whale, in The Poverty of Theory (that essay is an attack on Althusser, if anybody still cares). You want Englishness that is both provincially proud and genuinely internationalist, go read EPT, a writer just as good, in a different way, as Orwell, and much more One Of Us. He runs the serious dangers of being subject to the enormous condescension of history from which he sought to rescue the English working class. That woukd be a shame and a loss.