[lbo-talk] Frank: BHO should welcome their hatred

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:50:11 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM, andie nachgeborenen < andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

He was a communitory organizer, means he was surrounded for years with
> lefties of various varieties.

You'd be amazed, if you don't know from personal experience, how little time some of us lefty organizers spend discussing our actual politics with each other. To a certain extent, it comes with the field: our jobs, after all, are to empower our members to mobilize for their agendas, rather than to push for our own. Only in the last few months have I gotten in the habit of tracking my colleague's affiliations, to the extent that I can do so without being obnoxious. (Among my age bracket in NYC, we have a lot of ex-ISO'ers, post-anarchists, DSA'ers and future Maoists.)