[lbo-talk] CEI welcomes Obama reg freeze

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:33:10 PST 2009

Sean Andrews posted:

"Mr. Obama believes in 'doing law in a way that's realistically based on human behavior,' Mr. Sunstein said. 'He's a University of Chicago Democrat, so he's very attuned to the virtue of free markets and the risks of free-market regulation. He's not an old-style Democrat who's excited about regulations' for their own sake."

JG sez:

Something about this grosses me out even more than the other effluvia emanating from the Obama camp. Perhaps it is the patent dishonesty of that putz Sunstein. Regulations are SUPPOSED to curb "efficiency" (TM) when "efficiency" (TM) endangers worker safety, public health, etc. and Sunstein knows it. God, everything I hated about the Clinton years is rushing back like a wretched nightmare. There are few things more grotesque than market idolatry disingenuously cooked up by best and brightest DLC wonks.

_________________________________________________________________ Windows Live™: E-mail. Chat. Share. Get more ways to connect. http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_howitworks_012009