[lbo-talk] Greece, was Bar-bar-bar Barian

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 15:39:59 PST 2009

Doesn't Juvenal in the Satires denounce the Greeks for homosexuality? Come to think of it, I can't think offhand of any positive depictions of homosexuality in Roman literature -- not that I am terribly conversant with it. It doesn't make any appearance in the Art of Love (or so I recollect), which you expect it would if it were a common, socially acceptable practice.