[lbo-talk] Abortion protest fail

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:08:41 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 07:17, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD97OVJ4PNw

classic. Seems like that would be the second most important question. Here's another example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsMbTFlwc3Q&NR=1

Their whole purpose for being there is to make an absolute pronouncement on a question of the law--should it be illegal--and yet the question of what should therefore be the penalty totally stumps them. Their answer: I'm not a lawyer.

I am comforted, on the other hand, that they were all made to pause by the question; they may not have thought about what would happen to the mothers, but their first impulse wasn't to send them to prison.

I've posted this here before, but with no response, so I'll indulge myself again. My take on what would be necessary for abortion to be illegal:

http://overlynuanced.blogspot.com/2006/02/so-now-it-startswhere-are-libertarians.html