[lbo-talk] Waterboarding etc.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 14:07:46 PST 2009

>> For instance, recognizing that closing Gitmo down, say, tomorrow, or any
>> short-term time frame, is logistically impossible.
>
> I think people realize that. But I doubt it's "logistics" that's going to
> make it take a year.
>
> Doug

Hey, here's a nutty idea! Why don't we wait to see if Gitmo actually closes! Even by Obama's elevated standards, he'll be overseeing Gitmo for at least a year, so anything can happen. Personally, I think he will close it. Bad PR. Not consistent with our "values." Hey, Bush closed Abu Ghraib. Where's his love?

I see that the US killed 18 people in Pakistan today. Your first hit, Mr. President! Welcome aboard!

Dennis